The aim of the course is to help enable the safe, efficient, and compliant operation of the boiler plant by increasing awareness of the dangers, legislation, responsibilities, and best practice associated with it.
What Will Delegates Learn?
By the end of this course the successful delegate will have a greater awareness of:
- the relevant legislation, best practice guidelines and permitting which must be considered.
- Health and Safety issues surrounding the boiler house and systems.
- the different types of boiler they are likely to encounter & their fittings/controls.
- the factors affecting boiler room efficiency, how to optimise it & minimise fuel costs.
- the daily/weekly tests recommended in the BG01 and their importance.
- the importance of correct feedwater storage, treatment and testing as described in BG04.
- boiler blowdown, blowdown control, blowdown vessels and the BG03 recommendations.
- water level controls & alarm systems and how to check or respond to them.
- the combustion process, products of combustion and emissions.
- The importance of accurate record-keeping, especially should something go wrong.
Successful delegates will gain a Certification in Boiler Room Safety and Compliance Awareness.
Duration: 2 days
Venue: BK Labtech, Biggin Hill, Kent, UK
Can also be delivered to the client’s site.
£680:00 per delegate +VAT per person
(Minimum attendees required)
30th November – 1st December
7th – 8th December
8th – 9th December
13th – 14th December
14th – 15th December
21st – 22nd December
22nd – 23rd December
Training on your site is available on request.